QA or the Highway is a regional QA professional conference featuring real world experience and thought leadership in the QA and testing industry. Our group is backed by QA leadership of major Columbus corporations, in Columbus Ohio. We are dedicated to elevating the QA and Testing industry – it is QA or the Highway.
The last conference was a full-day session attended by a sold-out, maximum capacity crowd of 350+ people.
We are issuing a call for speakers who might be interested in speaking. We have several openings for our track talks (Enterprise Testing, Agile Testing, Automation, Future of Testing, and Testing Tools) and are looking for engaging and dynamic speakers.
If you are interested please send a brief bio and abstract via the form below. If you know of someone else who may be interested, please forward this email.
Borrowed from the Ministry of Testing
How To Win Brownie Points:
- Perhaps some of the team may know you
- Maybe you have a good reputation (word of mouth or online proof)
- It’s obvious that you write/speak/chat/communicate/Tweet/rant about interesting things and you have made this easy to find
- The talk you have submitted has not been presented elsewhere, ever
- We read your submission and go ‘wow/yes/awesome/interesting!’.
- You make us want to know more
- The topic you are talking about has not been spoken about (anywhere) much in the past
- We get all excited about seeing you speak
- We get all excited about the topic you want to talk about
- You have never spoken before or have spoken very little, but your desire to speak outshines everything else.
- You have been an active community member within Software Testing Club / Ministry of Testing and we have much love for your existence
- You have volunteered somehow, somewhere within the community
- You have an opinion
- You are bloody brave and willing to get up on stage in front of 300 odd testers
- You do something fun, crazy, different.
- You believe in the work we do and our aims as a little lean organization
- You give us confidence that you won’t let us or the community down
- Get in contact, ask us questions, give a damn. We love those that try.
How to Get Rejected:
- Your focus is to promote yourself or your company (tools or services)
- Someone else has submitted on your behalf
- The topic is old/boring/done-to-death
- There has not been enough effort in your submission.
Bear in mind our ultimate goal is to create great, educational and inspiring days out for everyone who speaks and attends. Will you help us achieve the goal?